The Technical Support Representative will provide technical assistance and answers to users questions, assisting users by troubleshooting problems with computer hardware or software.
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves users problems with computer software and hardware.
- Fields support calls, chat, email, and/or other communication from users with inquiries regarding software programming, connectivity, printing, and similar concerns.
- Consults with users to determine steps and procedures taken to identify and resolve the problem.
- Applies knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures to solve problems.
- Guides users through diagnostic and troubleshooting processes, which may include use of diagnostic tools and software and/or following verbal instructions.
- Collaborates with other staff to research and resolve problems.
- Collaborates with programmers to explain errors and/or recommend modifications in programs.
- Arranges service by software or hardware vendors to repair or replace defective products.
- Maintains knowledge of technology innovations and trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Professional and pleasant telephone manner.
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and nontechnical employees and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn an array of computer hardware and software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- At least three years of experience in customer technical support highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.