ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
IPC seeks a mission-driven manager to join its growing Project Finance team, preferably someone with demonstrated commercial energy transactions, underwriting, and modeling experience. This new team member will triage and develop commercial and community solar assets and third-party loans, as well as other clean energy transactions across the country. They will help lead and support the successful operation of the organization’s existing financial products, as well as emerging pilot transactions and financing product development
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience with a holistic understanding of commercial energy or real estate project development, business development, negotiation, underwriting, and/or asset management.
This remote position will report to and support the work of the team’s Managing Director across a broad range of tasks and responsibilities throughout the commercial transaction life cycle from origination to deal development to closing and asset management, partnering cross-functionally to ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and delivery of all projects.
This position is perfect for a highly efficient and experienced transaction management leader seeking to have a key role in a national, mission-driven organization making a global impact.
- Leading and supporting transaction management to ensure the completion and accuracy of pricing requests and pricing models while partnering and communicating with all stakeholders to bring projects to completion
- Conducting technical, legal, and financial due diligence, market research, and execution, while leading engagements with project developers, installers, lenders, and other partners
- Drafting and creating analyses and necessary transaction documentation, including but not limited to project initiation, letters of intent, and other transaction documentation
- Reviewing, analyzing, interpreting, negotiating, and recommending amendments to contracts and customer/partner agreements
- Facilitating business development and relationship management with new and existing partners (e.g., developers, installers, lenders, utilities, and institutions)
- Leading project tracking and facilitation processes including development, technical assistance, and asset management
- Partnering with the Market Engagement team as a subject matter expert to develop strategic marketing and outreach guidance for product offerings
- Managing meetings with internal and external stakeholders regarding transaction deals and draws.
- Reviewing, structuring, and underwriting various types of transactions and working with borrowers to structure the transaction, conducting due diligence and financial analysis, and drafting credit memoranda
- Assisting in the management and training of junior transaction associates with a demonstrated commitment to fostering inclusion and belonging within the team
This is a unique opportunity to hit the ground running, applying your clean energy transaction experience and playing a key role in a growing, mission-oriented organization; successful candidates will be expected to apply an “all hands” approach.
Education & Experience:
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience developing, supporting and/or managing commercial loan programs and/or transactions, preferably in the clean energy finance arena, is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
IPC seeks candidates that exhibit both mission alignment and professional competency in the following areas:
- Proficiency in commercial project finance, including contracts, construction management and deal execution, and a working knowledge of clean energy technologies and financial products.
- Strong underwriting experience including ability to analyze financial statements, project development budgets, and project operating pro formas.
- Strong excel modeling skills.
- Experience leading business development and relationship management efforts with numerous vendors such as engagement with contractors, lenders, and partners – internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications with excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritize competing demands, and perform multiple tasks with respect to internal and external deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to training junior team members and fostering workplace inclusion and belonging
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce
Above all, an ideal candidate will be eager to learn and grow in a collaborative fast-paced team environment.
IPC offers a comprehensive total rewards package that includes:
- Salary range $95,000 to $115,000, commensurate with experience and skills
- Generous benefits package that includes:
o Dependent Care/ Medical Flexible Spending Account
o Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurances
- Up to 6% 401K employer match
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student loan repayment options
- Generous holiday (includes 13 paid holidays), vacation, sick, and PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- A commitment to work-life balance
- Inclusion, diversity, and belonging as workplace priorities
- Location flexibility: This role can be remote or based in IPC’s Hartford, CT or New York City offices