ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Inclusive Prosperity Capital, Inc. (“IPC”) is a not-for-profit investment fund thriving at the intersection of clean energy finance and community development. Our team is focused on connecting investment capital with mission-aligned organizations, clean energy projects, and community initiatives in traditionally underserved markets.
We believe everyone should have access to the benefits of clean energy. We can change the conversation in underinvested neighborhoods and markets, helping to deliver Inclusive Prosperity.
For more information about IPC, please visit us at: https://www.inclusiveprosperitycapital.org/
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
IPC seeks a mission-driven Accounting Manager to lead its growing Accounting & Administration team with demonstrated experience managing teams, performing audits, and preparing regular financial reports. This new team leader will perform and ensure the accuracy of various general accounting functions and activities for IPC and its affiliated entities.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience, preferably all or some within a public accounting firm accompanied by a working knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, and complex subsidiary structures, with exposure to lending, loan servicing, and asset management.
This hybrid position, with 3 days in our Hartford, CT office and 2 days of working remotely, will report to and support the work of the organization’s Chief Financial Officer across a broad range of tasks and responsibilities, including corporate account governance, corporate entity financial reporting and maintenance, lending and corporate finance, solar and tax equity financing, and more.
This position is perfect for a self-driven and experienced accounting leader who is seeking to shift from the grind of public accounting or a large company into more mission-driven work. This role has the potential to grow into an expanded role as the organization continues to grow.
- Leading the daily operations of the accounting department in support of the company’s various financial programs and products while serving as a training leader for current and new staff.
- Preparing and managing the closing and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements as well as related schedules of over 40 subsidiaries.
- Managing and ensuring the accuracy of all components of the company's financial ledger entries, reports, audits, and the audits of its subsidiaries, and tax equity partnerships.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data, including technical accounting guidance and the company’s accounting policies.
- Coordinating with outside tax preparers to ensure the accurate filing of not-for-profit IRS Form 990 and for-profit subsidiary tax returns.
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities to implement process improvements, new accounting procedures, systems, and workflows to allow accounting infrastructure to scale up.
- Leading and completing the regular filing of sales tax and property tax returns with various jurisdictions.
- Consistently researching and updating the accounting team on the tax nexus and required registrations with new jurisdictions.
- Maintaining financial security by following and enforcing internal controls.
- Other duties as assigned
Above all, an ideal candidate will be eager to learn and grow in a collaborative environment as this is a unique opportunity to play a key leadership role in a growing, mission-oriented organization.
Education & Experience:
A minimum of a bachelor's degree in accounting is required, however, an MSA or MBA would be preferred, as well as a CPA. The qualified candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of experience, preferably all or some within a public accounting firm.
A strong candidate would have a working knowledge of GAAP, accounting theory, and complex subsidiary structures, preferably with exposure to lending, loan servicing, and/or asset management.
IPC seeks candidates that exhibit both mission alignment and professional competency in the following areas:
- Proficiency with financial and reporting software including NetSuite and Salesforce.
- Proven experience preparing financial statements for complex entities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and communicate efficiently with competing demands and perform multiple tasks with respect to internal and external deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, take ownership and accountability of the team’s tasks and anticipate the needs of the department.
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring workplace inclusion and belonging of all team members
Above all, an ideal candidate will be eager to learn and grow in a collaborative fast-paced team environment.
IPC offers a comprehensive total rewards package that includes:
- Salary range $85,000 to $110,000, commensurate with experience and skills
- Generous benefits package that includes:
o Dependent Care/ Medical Flexible Spending Account
o Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurances
- Up to 6% 401K employer match
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student loan repayment options
- Generous holiday (includes 13 paid holidays), vacation, sick, and PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- A commitment to work-life balance
- Inclusion, diversity, and belonging as workplace priorities
- Location flexibility: This role will be a hybrid role consisting of 3 days in our Hartford, CT office with the current accounting team and 2 days remote. (Additional flexibility is available for approved situations.)
IPC is an equal employment opportunity employer. Please review our Careers page for our detailed policy.
Apply for this opportunity by submitting an application.
If you need an ADA accommodation in the application process, please email us to request accommodations [email protected]
with “Accounting Manager” in the subject line.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.