ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
IPC seeks a mission-driven attorney, preferably with demonstrated experience drafting agreements, working in or with the financial services industry, or with a corporate or transactional practice.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with a broad spectrum of bank and non-bank financial institutions, renewable energy, community development funds, or asset managers in financing transactions.
This position will report to and support the work of the organization’s General Counsel across a broad range of tasks and responsibilities, including corporate governance, corporate entity formation and maintenance, lending and corporate finance, solar and tax equity financing, affordable housing, construction, and human resources. This full-time role requires occasional travel to IPC offices.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of contracts, MOUs, licenses, leases, and other agreements, with a focus on standardization.
- Providing guidance to business partners on product development, corporate governance, transactions, and corporate development.
- Maintaining expertise in laws and regulations pertaining to the organization and anticipating the impact on the organization from legislative and regulatory changes
- Drafting, filing, and managing entity and UCC filings
- Helping to create and maintain document databases and workflows
- Reviewing legal due diligence
- Assisting with corporate governance
- Closing loans and other transactions
- Creating and/or maintaining compliance programs and performing KYC reviews
Education & Experience:
Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school.
The qualified candidate will have at least 1-3 years of experience practicing law in any of the above-mentioned areas including project, institutional or commercial financing, renewable energy, community development, construction, or development.
IPC seeks candidates that exhibit both mission alignment and professional competency in the following areas:
- Strong, clear, and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Solution- and team-oriented with the ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks
- Excellent research and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to distill and apply research or information to issues presented
- Proven organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands, effectively communicate respective information across teams, and perform multiple tasks with respect to internal and external deadlines
- Willingness to support all legal aspects of the organization as needed
Above all, an ideal candidate will be eager to learn and grow in a collaborative environment.
IPC Offers a comprehensive total rewards package that includes:
- Salary range is $100,000 -$115,000, depending on experience and skills
- Generous benefits package that includes:
o Dependent Care/ Medical Flexible Spending Account
o Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurances
- Up to 6% 401K employer match
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student loan repayment options
- Generous holiday (includes 13 paid holidays), vacation, sick, and PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- A commitment to work-life balance
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Location flexibility: This role can be remote or based in IPC’s Hartford, CT office