ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Inclusive Prosperity Capital, Inc. is a not-for-profit investment fund thriving at the intersection of clean energy finance and community development. Our team is focused on connecting investment capital with mission-aligned organizations, clean energy projects, and community initiatives in traditionally underserved markets.
We believe everyone should have access to the benefits of clean energy. We can change the conversation in underinvested neighborhoods and markets, helping to deliver Inclusive Prosperity.
For more information about IPC, please visit us at: https://www.inclusiveprosperitycapital.org/
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
IPC seeks a mission-aligned team member to join its growing Transaction Finance team, preferably with demonstrated experience in underwriting, energy audits, transaction management and evaluations. This new team member, which will report to and support the work of the organization’s Director of Clean Energy Finance across a broad range of tasks and responsibilities related to IPC’s multifamily and nonprofit sector lending.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in financial transactions preferably accompanied by a working knowledge of underwriting, real estate development, or clean energy loan servicing.
This position is perfect for a self-driven and experienced underwriter who is seeking to develop their career in a mission-driven organization making a global impact.
- Facilitating business development and relationship management with new and existing partners (including, but not limited to, managing leads, customer support, eligibility determination, and application support)
- Reviewing and underwriting various types of transactions and work with borrowers to support the transaction, conducting due diligence and financial analysis
- Reviewing energy audits and scopes of work for electrification and other clean energy projects and coordinating with technical consultants
- Supporting the transactions team members as they work cross functionally with property owners, developers, contractors, government partners, and necessary parties to close transactions.
- Supporting transactions by screening underwriting applications, tracking project development, providing technical assistance and asset management to ensure project closing and funding
- Drafting and creating analyses and necessary transaction documentation, including but not limited to project initiation, letters of intent, and other transaction documentation
- Reviewing, analyzing, interpreting, negotiating, and recommending amendments to contracts and customer/partner agreements
- Coordinate with counsel and borrowers to ensure all closing requirements have been satisfied and facilitate loan closings while supporting internal asset management capacity
Education & Experience:
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Engineering, STEM, Finance, Accounting, or Economics) and 1-3 years of experience in financial transactions preferably accompanied by a working knowledge of underwriting, real estate development, or clean energy loan servicing.
IPC seeks candidates that exhibit both mission alignment and professional competency in the following areas:
- Proficient underwriting experience including detailed data analysis and financial modeling along with the ability to analyze financial statements, project development budgets, and project operating terms.
- Experience coordinating business development and relationship management efforts with numerous vendors such as engagement with contractors, lenders, and partners – internally and externally
- Strong communication skills – demonstrated through oral and written communications with attention to detail
- Proven critical thinking, analytical, and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, gather data and interpret information, critically organize and prioritize competing demands, meet deadlines, and communicate project updates to internal and external stakeholders
- Commitment to supporting and fostering workplace inclusion and belonging
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; preferred experience with Salesforce
- Understanding of underwriting terminology and principles is preferred.
Above all, an ideal candidate will be eager to learn and grow in a collaborative fast-paced team environment.
IPC offers a comprehensive total rewards package that includes:
- Salary range of $70,000 to $85,000 - commensurate with experience and skills
- Generous benefits package that includes:
0 Dependent Care/ Medical Flexible Spending Account
0 Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurances
- Up to 6% 401K employer match
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student loan repayment options
- Generous holiday (includes 13 paid holidays), vacation, sick, and PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- A commitment to work-life balance
- Inclusion, diversity, and belonging as workplace priorities
- Location flexibility: This role can be remote or based in IPC’s Hartford, CT, or New York City offices