ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
IPC seeks a mission-driven Staff Accountant with the desire to be a key contributor to a high-performing Accounting & Administration team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience performing general accounting functions and administrative activities.
As Staff Accountant, you will have the opportunity to impact our mission-driven organization through process improvement, assisting with accounting procedures and protocols, and supporting all internal accounting functions with IPC and partner entities. In this role, you’ll be a key contributor to the month-end close process and other accounting duties as assigned.
This hybrid position, which requires 3 days in our Hartford, CT office and 2 days of working remotely, reports to the Chief Financial officer and has the opportunity to grow into a more expanded role as the continues to grow.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing accounts payable transactions
- Preparing invoices and accounts receivable transactions
- Maintaining fixed asset schedules
- Maintaining and reporting on investment asset schedules
- Assisting with data migration in Salesforce
- Assisting with the preparation of IRS Form 990 tax form and supporting schedules
- Preparing and submitting sales and property tax filings with various jurisdictions
- Research of tax nexus and required registrations with new jurisdictions
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls
- This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a growing, mission-oriented organization, and as such successful candidates will be expected to apply an “all hands” approach.
Education & Experience:
An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field with an emphasis on Accounting is preferred. Additionally, the qualified candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a retail or administrative setting.
IPC seeks candidates that exhibit both mission alignment and professional competency in the following areas:
- Proficiency with financial software including NetSuite, Salesforce, and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, tactfully, and courteously through oral and written communications
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize competing demands and perform multiple tasks with respect to internal and external deadlines
- Working knowledge of accounting theory and GAAP preferred
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of their own tasks, and anticipate the needs of the department
- Above all, an ideal candidate will be eager to learn and grow in a collaborative fast-paced team environment.
IPC Offers a comprehensive total rewards package that includes:
- Salary range is $50,000 -$60,000, depending on experience and skills
- Generous benefits package that includes:
o Dependent Care/ Medical Flexible Spending Account
o Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurances
- Up to 6% 401K employer match
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student loan repayment options
- Generous holiday (includes 13 paid holidays), vacation, sick, and PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- A commitment to work-life balance
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Location flexibility: This role will be a hybrid role requiring 3 days of work in our Hartford, CT office and two days remote.